brake units (brake choppers)
V&T EcoDriveCN® braking units (brake choppers)
V&T EcoDriveCN® braking units (brake choppers) are electrical switch. They limit the DC bus voltage by switching the braking energy to braking resistors where the braking energy is converted to heat.
braking units (brake choppers) are automatically activated when the actual DC bus voltage exceeds a specified level depending on the nominal voltage of the variable speed drive.
Benefits of brake units (brake choppers):
Simple electrical construction.
The brake unit (brake chopper) works even if AC supply is lost. Braking during main power loss may be required, especially in elevator or other safety related applications.
- 1.For all brands of AC motor drives;
- 2.Noise filtrated within all frequency range, no disturbance to other equipments.
- 3.It could be paralleled connected, no capacity limited;
- 4.Allowable for the occasion with electricity fluctuation;
- 5.Special design, the ordinary resistor could be used so no need to use senseless resistor. Resistor box could be specially ordered;
- 6.Ensure the brake IGBT in saturation;
- 7.Protection: short-circuit, low voltage, over voltage, fast fuse, over heated;
- 8.Automatic track during the whole process;