Application of V&T EcoDriveCN® drives for hoisting and lifting equipments in the mineral resources exploitation
Photos on site of V&T EcoDriveCN® drives: application cases in the mine industry, such as mineral resources exploitation, coal mine winch.
Photos of applications for V&T EcoDriveCN® open loop or closed loop control on machine tool for precision control.
Photos on site of application cases of V&T EcoDriveCN® AC variable speed drives on cranes
The features of traditional solution for mine hoists (mine winders).
Mine hoists include two kinds, such as single hook and twin hook. To control speed for wound-rotor AC motors, old mine hoists (mine winders) use rotor series resistance. Through on-off operation of contactor, the stepping speed adjustment of motor is achieved.
But this method of speed adjustment has the following 5 drawbacks:
1. Series resistance speed control is step speed regulation. Shocks of starting are large. During the process of speed transition, speed discontinuity exists. And it's dangerous, easy to derail. That impacts the production efficiency and safety of human being seriously.
2. Electricity is wasted on the resistance when adopting series resistance speed control. The less the speed, the more the waste. When the goods is lowering, the motor is generating. Then the waste of electricity is more serious.
3. Frequent switching results in the frequent damages of contactor, thus speed control is not working. This brings safety problems, and increases the maintenance workflow.
V&T EcoDriveCN® integrated solutions on hoisting and lifting equipments are specially designed for motor control of mine hoists (mine winders).
There are 15 kinds of advantages to drive the motor:
1. Adopt advanced DSP chip, and excellent vector control technology. This makes the power of mine hoists (mine winders) and output power of variable speed drives equivalent.
2. The starting current is low, the starting speed is smooth, without impaction, decreasing the derail greatly.
3. Robustness. The variable speed drives have mature protection functions, such as over-current protection, over-voltage protection, over-load protection, short circuit protection.
4. Light maintenance workflow. No need to replace the contactor as the old solution, decreasing the maintenance cost greatly.
5. Wide speed adjustable range. Step-less speed regulation, during acceleration and deceleration, motor control is smooth. The speed regulation is soft, increases the robustness. Meanwhile there's no heating of series resistance, improving the operation environment.
6. Large energy saving. When the mine hoists are raising the goods, the save energy is proportional to the speed. When the mind hoists are lowering the goods, motor is generating. If the regenerative brake units are adopted, not only proportional with the speed, but also include the regenerative power.
Wiring diagram of variable speed drive with hoisting and lifting equipment.
Because of the limitation of the length on the web, we just mention a part here, and have not include the wiring diagram of variable speed drive .
For details, just download this document: Application of V&T EcoDriveCN® variable speed drives (VSDs) in the mineral resources exploitation
Photo Gallery |CE certificate |Superb components
| © 2016 V&T All rights reserved.
Our Expertise Is Your Guarantee! Reliable supplier of drive, control & power: 200V, 208V, 220V, 230V, 240V, 380V, 400V, 415V, 420V, 440V, 460V, 480V, 500V, 525V, 550V, 575V, 600V, 660V, 690V, 700V, 800V, 900V, 1000V, 1100V, 1140V, 1200V, 1300V, 2.3kV, 3kV, 3.3kV, 4.16kV, 5kV, 6kV, 6.6kV, 7.2kV, 10kV, 11kV, 13.8kV.